High-tech bedroom design +75 interior photos
High-tech bedroom design - a modern, elegant design solution. The name of the direction was formed as a reduction from the merger of the English “higt stile” (high style) and “technology” (technology). High-tech is characterized by pragmatism, manufacturability and monumentalism. In details, it looks a lot like industrial, which arose a little earlier in the USA. According to the classification of the venerable architect Charles Jenks, high-tech belongs to the group of elite styles. His main thesis can be called "complex simplicity", which is embodied in details, shapes and lines. All these features of style are reflected in the decoration of the room or the entire apartment as a whole. There was a direction in the 70s of the last century. It became a separate branch of the late Art Nouveau, which was influenced by pop art and futurism, which were at the peak of popularity of that period. The main inspiration was a galaxy of prominent English architects and designers: Grimshaw, Rogers, Foster. Their ideas were subsequently picked up by Italian masters. High-tech does not deny the traditions of European architecture, they find their continuation in the direction, but sometimes in the most unexpected variants. The peak of style development occurred in the 80s, when in parallel with it a lot of contrasting, extraordinary directions arose. Most of them have exhausted themselves a dozen years later, but the high-tech in architecture and interior design has remained. Although it was he who was told the quick end.
Characteristic features of the style
The direction is based on a number of monumental rules that have not changed for almost half a century. Before preparing a project for the future bedroom, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with these characteristic features, which will become its basis and inspiration. High-tech features include:
- Minimalism. Style prefers large spaces that use little furniture. This idea is easy to implement in the large bedrooms of country houses, but it is difficult, and sometimes completely impossible, in the small rooms of typical apartments. For example, a sleeping “corner” (otherwise you can’t call such a room) with an area of only 4 square meters will no longer be able to reflect all the features of the style;
- Practicality and multifunctionality. Any design object is used for several purposes at once. The forms of the bed, dressing room, armchairs and sideboards seem deceptively simple, but behind this primitivism more often hide additional opportunities;
- The geometry of the lines. The shape of the furniture is subject to strict rules. The decoration uses an abundance of straight lines that intersect each other at different angles. Squares, rectangles, circles, triangles - this is the geometric basis of hi-tech;
- Man-made materials. In the decoration and decor, metal surfaces, expensive plastic and brick are preferred. It is permissible to use a stone, both natural and its skillful imitation. Priority is given to marble, granite and sandstone. In the textile upholstery, curtains, tablecloths use natural materials: cotton, silk, satin, linen, satin;
- Multi-level lighting. There should be a lot of light in the bedroom. Moreover, artificial lighting is mainly used, and the presence of windows is not so significant. Spotlights look spectacular in high-tech, which are reflected in metal and glass surfaces. Use of decorative illumination of cold, neon tones is welcomed: emerald, blue, violet;
- Colors. The palette of shades necessarily contains gray, black and white. This trio acts as the basis of the color scheme. Although hi-tech is strict, bright colors can be used, but in such "meager" concentrations that the emphasis is the first to catch the eye. Two bright red pillows on the sofa, a purple vase for a composition of artificial flowers, red poufs near the coffee table - all these are small liberties that dilute the “serious” atmosphere of style. A primitive example of color composition: walls and ceiling are decorated in white tones, gray laminate on the floor, black furniture. In recent years, “soft” beige has increasingly been used, adding to it a color “skeleton”;
- High tech. The abundance of household appliances of the latest generation. And if in other directions they try to hide it, then in high-tech all this is displayed and organically merges into the general style.
You will have to forget about the traditional tree. An exception can only be painted in black, gray or white wood, reliably hiding its texture. Such options are used in teenage bedrooms, where an abundance of artificial can play a trick on the health of the child. A similar taboo is imposed on the wallpaper. Even imitating plaster or artificial materials are not used in high-tech.
The basic color base for the interior of any bedroom: black, white, gray. These shades in the room will create a "cold comfort", which some may seem too strict. In the bedrooms for teenagers and young girls compromise, as youth and female nature usually require bright accents. On the floor there is a sand-beige shade carpet, curtains and bedspreads are added to match his tone. Indoor plants will revive the atmosphere. Green spots are usually placed on the floor by the window. But even plants must choose "strict": dracaena, palm trees, calla lilies. The wall at the head of the bed can be decorated with a bright red triptych, the images of which are a continuation of each other. High tech allows the use of absolutely any shade in addition to the overall picture, but individually and in small quantities. You will have to choose one color and pick up the accents made only in it. The fifth tint component in the composition will be superfluous.
The materials focus on the artificial. Plastic and metal are the main “nails” of the design program. In addition to them, imitation, concrete, brick are used. The latest materials are not masked, but left in their original form. This nuance traces the influence of industrial style on the development of high-tech. But such accents are placed only on one specific surface area, the remaining walls are decorated with the most primitive materials.
Floor, ceiling and wall decoration
The design of the ceiling is chosen from three options:
- Plasterboard, multi-level construction. Allows you to add to the setting of "unreality" due to the smooth lines of the steps. The material is easy to assemble and able to embody the wildest fantasies of the designer;
- Stretch ceiling. Choose an option in white. Its main advantage: glossy surface and lack of seams;
- Simple plaster. Cheap and fast, but not suitable for those bedrooms where communication systems that need to be hidden are displayed on the ceiling.
The flooring is finished with a laminate or parquet board of acceptable shades (gray, black and less often white). Bulk floor - a modern material with increased strength. It has a pleasant “varnished” shine and can reproduce the complex texture of natural stones. For example, the black floor with rare gray “veins” looks impressive, imitating the expensive appearance of granite (gabbro). Wall paper does not paste over at all. In high-tech, they are either simply plastered or sheathed with drywall or PVC panels. In this case, “tiles” must be chosen in large sizes to reduce the number of seams at the joints between them. Solid, like “cast” surfaces - this is what high-tech strives for.
Rules for the selection of furniture
Furniture should be practical, primitive shapes and lines. They keep a functional minimum in the setting. The bedroom has enough beds, bedside tables, a wardrobe and a pair of chairs or armchairs. Traditional twin bedside tables are not used in this style. They were replaced by glass tables that look like coffee tables. A wardrobe or dressing room is carefully hidden behind panels that merge with the wall decoration. In high-tech, it is not customary to flaunt storage spaces and their contents.
The last “trends” of interior fashion organically integrated into the style: beds mounted in a wall without legs and hanging structures. They complement the atmosphere with a touch of zero gravity, which fits into the high-tech concept of hi-tech. The empty place where the “base” used to be located is emphasized with neon lights.
In addition to standard overhead lighting (a primitive-shaped chandelier) and local, a large number of additional devices are used. Among them are:
- Built-in spotlights. Choose devices with metal and glass surfaces. "Ranges" of such sources of additional light are placed on the ceiling and on the floor along the decorative steps in places of level changes;
- Spotlights. Spread bright light, placed mainly on the ceiling;
- Halogen and LED bulbs. Unlike ordinary ones, they give a strict, bright light, which sometimes even has to be muffled, and transform the atmosphere;
- String lights. There are two types: rotary and suspended. In high-tech use the second. They are static, suspended on two “strings”.
Decor use only the necessary minimum to dilute the decor. Emphasis is placed thoughtfully in pre-prepared places. It can be a voluminous chandelier of complex design, as if woven from the finest "cobwebs". Several vases of strict shapes and neutral colors. The front cabinet doors are decorated with glass with an abstract pattern etched on it. It is allowed to use one picture or triptych in contrasting colors, which are hung above the head of the bed. If a niche is present in this section of the wall, then it is filled with a pair of simple figurines. On the floor near the bed or by the window they put a high phase with artificial “branches” that will glow in the dark. As the main decorative elements use household appliances with chrome surfaces. A digital alarm clock on the pedestal, a tablet instead of a shelf with books, a flat TV in front of the bed - this is the minimum set of interior accents.
Black-and-white panoramas of night cities look spectacular, which decorate the wall above the head of the bed.
From textiles choose natural, plain materials. Linen, cotton, satin, silk and leather organically merge into the style of the bedroom. Cheap synthetics are not suitable for an elegant high-tech gloss. The floor is covered with short-pile carpets, and the windows are hung with long curtains without patterns and ornaments. The bed is covered with a dense blanket in black, gray or white. It allows the use of an abstract pattern, which is an elegant interweaving of lines or repeating inscriptions, waves, geometric shapes.
Using mirrors in the bedroom
The presence of mirrors in the bedroom is mandatory, and in high-tech reflective surfaces occupy a special position. Recently, compositions from “cracked” pieces that are attached to the wall in mosaic technique have been very popular. Old superstitions (seven years of misfortune) will have to be forgotten. The theme of "puzzles" is in demand in high-tech: compositions in the form of a square, circle and rectangle are assembled from mirror pieces of different sizes. It will be rather unusual to look in its reflection on such a surface. Volumetric mirrors also look nontrivial, which are a piece of material of complex, geometric shape with many faces. Frames are usually not applicable. A stylish addition will be the “smart mirror” - the last word in technology. A watch and backlight are built into it.
High tech kids bedroom
The nursery is perhaps the only room where there are some departures from the principles of style. For the full development, the child needs to be surrounded by bright colors, so they are used in textiles and wall decoration. The latter can be decorated with a geometric 3d pattern. The effect of a volume surface will become a highlight of the interior. In the bedroom for the girl, striped curtains are used, where white alternates with pink, blue, and purple. As a compromise, a wide shelving for books and toys alternates between open and closed shelves. The ceiling can be supplemented with a panorama of the night sky, where spotlights will act as stars. The floor is covered with a carpet of juicy green color imitating lawn grass. In general, the outlines of furniture are also subject to the general rules of style: straight lines, simple shapes.
It's important to know. Make accents on “acidic”, juicy shades: light green, bright yellow, pink, emerald, blue.
Hi-tech is a style that uses the most advanced technologies. They are essentially its central “core”, which is surrounded by a shell from the environment. In the last twenty years, later directions have been actively developing: eco-and biotech. They took the principles of the maternal style as a basis and rejected them, giving preference to everything natural, natural. Although they still have high technologies, they are successfully combined in contrasts. Nowadays, this style is widely used as a design solution that meets all the requirements of a modern person. High technology is constantly evolving, and high-tech is relentlessly following them in constant motion, like a living organism.