White floor in the interior
Think white floors are impractical? Really. It’s more difficult to take care of light surfaces than dark ones, moreover, they become unusable faster. Can a sane person dare to do this? But as you know - common sense is the worst enemy of creativity! And the white floor in the interior of the apartment opens up unlimited space for the birth of creative ideas! Therefore, do not be afraid and create for your own pleasure.
Advantages and disadvantages of the white floor
The appeal of white is its elegance and purity. It manifests itself in different ways, depending on the selected materials and interior style. It emphasizes the restraint and nobility of minimalist interiors, the grace of antiquity, the brilliance and luxury of high technology. The white color of the floor contributes to a change in geometry - the room seems to be filled with air, and its boundaries are moved apart. A bright surface increases space. This effect is enhanced when combined with walls of the same shade.
The white floor is good because it:
- relevant for absolutely any interior. The main thing is to choose the right finishing materials;
- can act as a spectacular accent or, conversely, serve as a backdrop for darker or brighter compositions;
- multifaceted - the white palette contains cold and warm shades, which allows you to successfully integrate them into any color selection;
- calming effect on the psyche, gives peace and tranquility;
- perfectly in harmony with delicate, bright and deep shades. Maintains the charm of the first, “cools” the ardor of the second and refreshes the third;
- masks dust, allowing owners to welcome guests fully equipped without prior preparation.
The flip side of the coin is that perfectly concealing the dust, the white floor shamelessly demonstrates the slightest pollution and chips. Any hair, not to mention spots, scratches and crevices, falling to the surface is clearly visible.
Such a floor makes you use a vacuum cleaner and a rag much more often than usual. But there will never be any reason to doubt its purity.
Interior styles and white floor
It is difficult to name an interior in which a white floor would be inappropriate. He gets along with equal success with both traditional and ultramodern filling of space. Against its background, significant style details acquire an additional bulge.
In which styles is the white floor particularly popular?
- Classics - the severity of dark furniture will be emphasized by the decoration of bleached parquet boards, laminate or linoleum with a print under light wood. Fluffy carpet in the same shades will add softness and comfort.
- Provence - a charming composition of aged furniture and ingenious accessories will be complemented by a plank floor with white paint that has worn off from time to time.
- Loft - matte white floor - bulk, wooden, tiled will help dispel the gloom of concrete and brick surfaces.
- Marine - in combination with ultramarine, white appears especially brightly and positively.
- Hi-tech - a glossy coating will fill the room with light, create a spectacular contrast with any of the bright colors, support the shine of glass and the luster of chrome.
- Minimalism - will be an excellent backdrop for furniture of strict form and a minimal set of accessories. Visually enlarge a small room.
- Scandinavian - fill the space with reflected light, air, help level the dusk of cloudy days.
What materials to make?
The main rule for choosing finishing materials is their correspondence to the interior style and purpose of the room. White shades are present in all variants of floor coverings, but how to choose the only true one from the set of offers?
The main types of materials for flooring:
- wood - plank flooring or parquet retain heat and give a feeling of comfort. They make you want to play on the floor with the children, walk barefoot. Favorably looks in an interior of a board from bleached oak, ash. The only negative of such a coating is that wooden typesetting elements dry up over time and begin to creak. But if you maintain a certain humidity in the apartment, this can be avoided. Of course, provided that the technology of preliminary drying of wood has not been violated;
- tile is a practical, durable, waterproof material. Presented in a variety of sizes, shapes, textures and colors. Collections are completed with monophonic components, specimens with a pattern, decorative strips to frame the composition or delimit individual sections of the coating. Glossy options add room to chic, shine. They push the space apart. Matte, on the contrary, fill the room with cosiness. A cold surface is a powerful argument in favor of not tiling in the nursery and bedroom. However, even this problem is solved by installing a warm floor;
- porcelain tile - acquires special strength in the production process. It is laid like a tile, but in a seamless way. The result is a smooth matte or glossy surface - plain or with stains. Porcelain tile successfully imitates artificial marble, allowing significant cost savings;
- laminate is a pressed multilayer material. Upper - a decorative layer conveys a longitudinal slice pattern of wood. Among the minuses of the laminate surface is reduced moisture resistance and resistance to damage. Laminate specifications vary by class;
- vinyl tile is a waterproof material that is easy to assemble with your own hands. Not environmentally friendly, may fade over time;
- bulk - the solid surface of this floor is resistant to mechanical stress. Forms an even, seamless plane. Provides ample opportunities for decoration;
- cork - a warm, shock-absorbing, eco-friendly coating. It has excellent soundproofing properties;
- Carpet - a cozy and soft material. Great choice for a nursery, bedroom or living room. By virtue of its soiled white carpet will require enhanced care. An interesting option for soft flooring is carpet tile and trims. Any patterns can be laid out of them, and in case of damage to an individual element it is easy to replace it.
Variety of white shades
The versatility of white is striking. Incredibly, the fact is that this achromatic "dissident" is manifested in a variety of forms. In the "association" of white shades united:
- color of baked milk;
- honey dew color;
Each of these shades is suitable for monochrome or contrast design.
Combination with other colors
White perfectly interacts with all representatives of the color wheel, shades of gray and black.
Introducing the most popular combinations:
- with black - classic mix. Suitable for a spacious room, and for a small bathroom. If this combination seems too bland, add the peppercorn as an additional color. Luxurious red, for example, fits perfectly in a black and white company;
- with orange or yellow - the general mood of the room depends on the brightness of “sunny” shades. Blurred tones add elegance to him, saturated - seething joyful delight;
- with purple is a great option for creative natures. Violet does not allow the spark of creativity to fade away, constantly inspiring new ideas. It unrecognizably changes white interiors. Everything in them seems mysterious and unusual;
- with blue - this combination is perceived ambiguously. To some it seems too harsh and strict, others consider it bright and fresh. It all depends on the specific shades of white and blue;
- with green - adding green to the interior can cause a surge of violent energy or, conversely, immerse the inhabitants in a sleepy state. The “pill" for vigor and effectiveness will be the color of lime, green grass, lime. For relaxation, shades of olive and other muted tones are suitable;
- with brown - such combinations are the most “delicious” and spectacular. They can be used in any room;
- with gray - a classic combination that can be slightly enlivened by the point accents of yellow, wine, turquoise.
In the interior of the rooms
The white floor perfectly complements the finish of any shades - makes delicate colors more vibrant and neutralizes excessively saturated. Its variations will be welcome guests anywhere in the house.
In the living room
The white floor will emphasize the respectability of the main room in the apartment. On a white floor, even voluminous furniture will look lighter and more elegant. The choice of material depends on the style decision. As a flooring for classic interiors, bleached board, parquet, laminate, vinyl panels are suitable. The white shade of the floor will complement the composition of stucco on the ceiling and a decorative fireplace, snow-white doors and baseboards. The modern premises will be made even more stylish by the bulk floor, porcelain tiles, tiles. The lights of a large chandelier reflected in the gloss of the flooring will give the room twice as much light and decorate it with amazing highlights. In the living room decorated in eco-style or in the country, the floor is made of whitewashed light wood.
In the bedroom
White on the floor has a calming effect. Therefore, in the bedroom he will be most welcome. It will make the room an ideal place for relaxation and solitude. Color can be supported by white walls and furniture. But you should not solve the whole room in a monochrome manner. Sterile whiteness is associated with a hospital ward. Paint the interior with pastel textiles and accessories, and the room will turn into a cozy nest.
In the kitchen
The white flooring in the kitchen must be waterproof. In the process of cooking and washing dishes, the floor will inevitably be attacked by water and greasy splashes. Such a coating as tiles, porcelain tiles, linoleum is not only not soaked from accidental drops, but will stand under the onslaught of cleaning products and hard washcloths. And for a fair floor, this is more than relevant. The shade can be supported by a white apron in the work area or furniture facades. If the kitchen unit has legs, use only a hard surface. Traces may remain on linoleum and vinyl tiles, which later turn into cracks.
Bathroom and toilet
In small rooms, the question of the need for visual expansion of space is especially acute. That is why so often for the bathroom and toilet choose a white finish. And gender in this sense is no exception. In these rooms, like nowhere else, a sense of cleanliness and freshness is important. The snow-white floor gives full confidence in the safety of hygiene procedures. The best choice for the bathroom will be tile or porcelain. The advantage of the latter is that it does not have a chamfer. Therefore, when laying it does not form seams that are so difficult to clean. The resistance of porcelain to abrasive components is another plus of the material. The disadvantage is excessive surface smoothness. To protect yourself, choose a tile with a reduced slip rate - matte, embossed.
Don't be afraid to experiment by introducing a white floor into your room design. This decision will make the decoration of your home bright and unique.