Euro cover on a sofa and chairs
At no extra cost, modern euro-covers for sofas and armchairs will help to update the look of upholstered furniture and protect it from negative influences in the future. Such wraps are made of durable and elastic fabrics, complemented with elastic bands. Choosing euro covers is not necessary for a particular sofa: the main selection criterion is the size of the furniture. The shape of the armrests, the presence of head restraints or other features of the models do not affect the possibility of using universal euro-pads. Secondary selection criteria for products include the type of material from which they are made, the color of the fabric. Also, owners must take into account the rules for the use and cleaning of eurowoods: following the recommendations and requirements of the manufacturer will help to easily maintain the attractive appearance of the new product.
Benefits & Features
European-style covers for upholstered furniture are truly universal. Distinguish between models by purpose (chair or sofa) and size. At the same time, the acquired eurowood cover for a chair is suitable for any models of chairs, regardless of their size, back height or seat width. Also, the selected eurocover for a double sofa without armrests can be used to protect any furniture from this category, regardless of its upholstery materials, the presence or absence of legs. This feature of European covers is achieved through the use of auxiliary rubber bands. It is they that make it possible to cover the old furniture with a cloak so that there are no waves, constrictions on its surface. In addition, euro covers are made of wear-resistant fabric, which over time will retain its original appearance.
The main advantage of using a euro cover is its effectiveness. Due to this cloak, you can easily and quickly update the look of old upholstered furniture without changing its upholstery. Other product benefits include:
- ease of choice (in appearance and size);
- reliability (fabrics used for sewing covers are not inferior in strength to furniture upholstery, they are resistant to mechanical stress);
- ease of cleaning (in case of contamination, owners will need to remove the cape and wash it in accordance with the manufacturer's requirements);
- ease of putting on (most models can be worn on upholstered furniture in just 5-10 minutes);
- variety of cover designs (due to the use of different fabrics and sewing in different styles).
Despite the high efficiency of the euro cover, it will not be able to hide the bumps of damaged skin or suede, worn (or sagging) filler of upholstered furniture.
A significant disadvantage of eurowoods for upholstered furniture was their high cost. High-quality and durable models, resistant to damage, which can actually be used even in houses where animals are kept, are expensive. Also, eurowoods are not very suitable for use on leather sofas and armchairs, since without firm fixation they slide along the upholstery of furniture. Some buyers find flaws in the uniformity of the interior, created through the use of durable covers. But a similar problem can be easily solved by “decorating” upholstered furniture with sofa cushions.
One of the disadvantages is the large number of cheap crafts. Wraps of lower cost are sewn from less durable fabrics and, accordingly, are quickly wiped and covered with puffs. Therefore, you should choose models with special attention.
Modern euro-blanks are made from the following types of fabrics that differ in their characteristics and features:
- shinil: differs in a soft surface, at different types of weaving it can practically not possess a relief or be similar to a plush;
- jacquard: dense material with patterned weaving, well suited for use in apartments where pets are kept;
- microfiber: soft and elastic fabric, the best option for protecting the sofa upholstery and creating special comfort in the recreation area;
- Pleated: stands out by a dense interweaving of threads, has a subtle pattern;
- polyester: a material with a fairly dense weave, but low wear resistance.
Choosing the type of colors and patterns for a sofa cover, we must not forget about the features of the room for which the model is selected. Solid products are optimal for interiors, including patterned decoration, eye-catching decor. The most fashionable shades include beige, burgundy, navy blue, cyan and light green. These colors will harmoniously fit into the design of the room and will highlight a relaxation area with a sofa. Many euro-blanks are made of fabrics with patterns: they are more suitable for rooms with a neutral design. Models with large ornaments, in the same gamut with the background, are suitable for any room. Small discreet drawings and ornaments will be appropriate in both small and large rooms. The presence of a contrasting combination of background and patterns, regardless of their size, allows the use of a euro cover in spacious rooms.
There are special “children's” colors of euro covers with animals, plants.
The choice of interior style
The selection of a suitable euro cover for the home in the catalog will help compliance with the main features of the style in which the model will be used. It is easy to select a product using the following directions in the directions:
- urban and modern: models without frills in light gray, gray-purple or light blue color are well suited;
- Art Deco: dark models with contrasting light patterns emphasize the style, you can buy a model with a frill;
- classic: models in dark green, beige or brown color with any tailoring are suitable for the direction;
- Scandinavian: a light gray or white European-style case without frills will complement this style well;
- Provence: light models with a faint stripe or with small floral patterns are predominant;
- rustic, country and loft: beige, light or saturated brown covers are ideal for these styles;
- Modern and hi-tech: for restrained styles it is better to choose a dark brown or black case with minimal embossment.
Types and sizes
The main difference between the produced seat covers for chairs is their stylistic presentation. Such models can be supplemented with a neat frill at the bottom or have a flat side below, equipped with an elastic band. For sofas, a greater number of euro covers of the following types are made:
- For models without armrests;
- for sofas with armrests;
- for corner upholstered furniture.
The dimensions of the covers should be selected according to the size of the seat itself. There are eurowoods for 2-seater, 3-seater and 4-seater sofas. For corner models, products designed for 4-seater upholstered furniture are suitable. Therefore, when choosing the right euro cover for the corner, you can not take into account which side the long part of the seat is located. The only exceptions are designer sofas made in a non-standard size.
How to choose and use a case
A correctly selected model of a euro-cover is a guarantee of its appropriate appearance in a particular interior and a long service life. It is recommended to select products according to the following criteria:
|Type of model and its dimensions||Incorrectly measured furniture will lead to the purchase of a cover that will not fit snugly to the base or cannot fit a large sofa.|
|Material||For apartments that contain animals, it is worth choosing the most dense fabrics with increased wear resistance.|
|Stylistics and coloring||The selected model should combine well with the color scheme of the room and attractively complement it.|
After purchase, it is recommended to wash the cover and only then put it on furniture. This will prepare the purchased eurowood for home use.
How to take measurements?
If you can find a suitable model of a European cover for a chair and a sofa, you can simply evaluate its appearance, then you should be very careful when choosing a product of the right size. For the correct choice of wraps, the back of the furniture is measured (top or front). It is better to use a tape measure for work or to measure with a centimeter (the help of a second person may be required). According to the obtained measurement, the model is selected:
- with a back length of up to 1.6 m, an eurowood is suitable for double sofas;
- back length of about 2.2-2.5 m will indicate the need to purchase a model for a three-seater sofa;
- with a back length of about 3.5-4 m, you should buy a euro cover for a four-seater sofa.
The sizes of covers for corner sofas are selected in a similar way: depending on the sum of the lengths of the "large" and "small" backs.
How to wear?
The instruction for putting on European-style covers is quite simple and does not require special skills. If the sofa stands close to the wall, then first you need to move it away to put on a wrap. The work itself is carried out according to this scheme:
- The cover unfolds on the surface of the sofa.
- The upper part of the cover slips over the back, then aligns to one corner, stretches along the back and aligns to the second corner.
- The armrests are tightened with fabric: you need to fit them with specially allocated voluminous "pockets".
- The fabric is leveled behind the back of the sofa and around the entire perimeter at the bottom. For corner sofas, there is a gum insert, which, after leveling the fabric, is tightened and fixed on the inner leg (located between the short and long part of the sofa).
- Between the seat and back, as well as the seat and the armrests, the foam rolls or parallelepipeds are pushed.
Despite all the practicality of euro covers, only proper cleaning and washing will help to maintain their original appearance and condition. The main requirements for product care include:
- Removing dust, wool with a vacuum cleaner without using hard brushes (can damage the fabric).
- Hand wash or gentle on a washing machine without bleach. It is also recommended to wash the covers without other things (even identical in color).
- For soft “fluffy” covers, washing is carried out only after turning the product inside out.
- Drying of products is carried out naturally. Eurocovers should not be dried over heating devices, batteries (otherwise they can be deformed).
- There is no need to iron Euro covers. In extreme cases, you can only iron the lower frill by setting the ironing mode suitable for a particular fabric.
How to do it yourself
Independent production of a Euro-track requires a lot of time. For work, it is recommended to use microfiber. Sewing a euro cover with your own hands is carried out according to the following instructions:
- The distance between the armrests at the junction of the back and seat is measured (even if the bottom or top is slightly wider than the center, microfiber will stretch and sit as it should due to elasticity). This measurement will be the width of the desired canvas.
- The height of the sofa is measured at the back, the height and thickness of the back, the width of the seat and the height of the sofa from the floor to the edge of the seat (the height of the legs is not taken into account). The sum of the numbers will become the length of the desired canvas.
- According to the measurements, a piece of fabric is prepared.
- The width of the armrest and its length (height from the floor to the top + thickness + height from the top of the armrest to the seat) are measured. According to the sizes obtained, 2 cuts of fabric are prepared - “wraps” on the armrest.
- A pattern of the end of the armrest (rectangular or arched type) is made, a pair of blanks with a margin around the perimeter of 1 cm is cut out.
- Covers for armrests are sewn together: end part and “cape” on armrest. The blanks are put on the sofa (a piece of the end part adjacent to the bottom of the seat remains unstitched with nothing!), A large section prepared in 3 steps is also thrown onto the sofa.
- Blanks for the armrests and the main part of the sofa need to be swept away.
- The finished blank is sewn on a typewriter. Then in the lower part along the perimeter of the cover, elastic is sewn.
High-quality modern euro cover will be a great addition to any sofa or chair. Special wraps make it easy to update the look of old furniture, change its style. Euro-type covers are made of durable materials that can withstand minor mechanical damage. Most of the fabrics used for sewing are stretchable and elastic, which allows you to easily select the original euro cover. Also, having correctly measured and made patterns according to the scheme described above, you can independently make an inexpensive euro-pad for upholstered furniture. Simple instructions teach you how to make covers for sofas, armchairs, and even dining chairs with armrests. You just have to choose the right fabric and start updating the furniture in the house or apartment.